I’m happy to announce a TENNIS ELBOW TALK by Jamie Dreyer, the best selling author of “Tennis Elbow Treatment” at the club Saturday, July 22 at 11 AM. This talk is free. If you would like to attend, send Karen an email. During this brief clinic, you will learn :
- What tennis elbow is and what causes it
- Why RICE can help in the moment but does nothing long term
- The ONE EXERCISE clinically proven to heal tennis elbow once and for all
- Which racquets are the worst for tennis elbow
Woodstock Open is coming. Get details entry form in “2017 Forms” post.
I’ve had a few complaints lately about noisy dogs distracting players. While we don’t enforce a strict no dog policy, I think that common sense is the best policy. Continue reading 7/19 Court News from Karen (Woodstock Open is coming!)
Woodstock Open – 9/9-9/17, entry form and details
Members Tournament 2017 – Entry form
WTC News – Annual club newsletter
Brochure – Introductory brochure for new members, with application
Membership Application – Rates, application and waiver
Waiver for Adults – Waiver (2 copies)
Junior Camp – Registration and waiver
Waiver for Juniors – Waiver for up to 3 juniors
2017 68th Annual UC Tennis Tournament Application – July 13-16 Doubles, 20-23 Singles
All players must complete a 2017 WTC Waiver for Adults
- All players must sign in before playing
- Courts are assigned first-come, first-served after your full group arrives
- Court assignments are 1 1/2 hours for 4 players, 1 hour for 2 or 3 players
- Juniors: no play before Noon Sat/Sun/Hol if adult members are waiting
- Players should wait 15 minutes after coming off before re-signing for a court (if courts are full)
- (New) Players must use available courts, and not ask other players to vacate their court
- Guests must sign in before playing
- Members must identify their guests at the desk before playing
- Members’ Guests: $20/day
- Drop-in Guests: $25/day
- Free community play pre-season and post-season except weekend mornings (see calendar for dates)
- Each person may be a guest not more than 5 days/season
Congratulations to all, including our winners and finalists…
MS: Rains Jordan def. Paul Solis-Cohen 6-2, 6-1
WS: Nok North def. Andrea Grunblatt 6-2, 6-2
XD: Jerry Habib/Sharon Crego def. Elin Posner/Jerry Kalmus 6-1, 6-0
WD: Nok North/Dana Patton def. Vivienne Hodges/Sharon Crego 6-4, 6-2
MD: Gary Stern/Kenny Bock def. Brad Dunn/Larry Lux 6-3, 6-4
…because the weather is not promising for Saturday.
Tournament matches will still be run as scheduled on Saturday (weather permitting).
Member’s Only Tournament draws are posted at the club. Remember that most matches are held in the afternoons. Bring a can of balls to leave with the winner(s). Contact Steve or Mitch for any problems or concerns.
Saturday July 1st, 12-3PM, is our “4th of July” Party and Round Robin! This is a POT LUCK Party. The club will be providing a green salad, a potato salad and Cole slaw. We will also BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs and provide seltzers and soda.
Alice Goodman and Patricia Mitchell need volunteers to help pull together the August 8th Breast Cancer Fundraiser. To help, please contact Alice at firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s an amazing night, but it doesn’t happen by itself.
Please be sure to sign in (every time) before you play.
Please sweep at least 6-8 feet behind the baseline, not just to the baseline.
Please do not change the hose setup near the water fountain – it waters our beautiful gardens.
Coffee is now available in the clubhouse.
The next USTA Match is Tuesday evening, June 27th at 6 PM. The team will use courts 1-4 during this time.